COVID19: The current pandemic requires flexibility and understanding by both parties. If the hirer is unable to travel (e.g. due to a local lockdown or a member of the party has suspected symptoms), or if we are unable to fulfil the booking (e.g. due to a lockdown in Cornwall, Government guidance, inability to clean or service the apartment) then the booking will be cancelled and all monies returned without question or proof. Neither side will be subject to additional penalties or obligations. Although this is potentially open to abuse, we believe this is the only right and fair action to take in the circumstances. If you become unwell whilst in Cornwall or if a lockdown is announced, we ask that you return home if it is safe and legal to do so. Cornwall hospitals do not have the capacity to support tourists as well as residents.
1) The apartment is hired on the express understanding that this is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2) Deposits must be received within one week following confirmation of the reservation or we may re-advertise the availability on our website. Payments can be made by bank transfer, personal UK sterling cheque, Visa/Mastercard or PayPal.
3) The balance of the hire must be paid 6 weeks before the arrival, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website.
4) Cancellations and alterations policy:
i) In the event of a cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e. following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the apartment will be re-advertised as available. If the apartment is re-let, the deposit will be refunded in full less a £20 administration charge. If we are unable to re-let the deposit is non-refundable.
ii) In the event of a cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e. following payment of the balance), the apartment will be re-advertised as available, which may need to include late availability discounts. If the apartment is re-let, all monies will be refunded less the discounts of the re-let and a £20 administration charge. If the accommodation is re-let at the original advertised price, all monies will be paid in full less a £20 administration charge. If we are unable to re-let all monies are forfeit.
iii) In the event of a request for change of dates more than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e. following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new date (subject to availability) and the deposit will be transferred in full, with no administration charge.
iv) In the event of a request for change of dates less than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e. following payment of the balance), the policy in point 4 (ii) above applies.
v) All refunds will be paid immediately after the departure date of the original reservation.
vi) If a holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full balance already paid.
5) The number of persons is not to exceed 4 adults/children and there is only space for one vehicle in the car park.
6) Unless otherwise agreed, the apartment is available from 4pm on arrival day until 10am on departure day.
7) We undertake to make the apartment available to the hirer in a clean & tidy state and to maintain services & facilities in a proper workable condition:
i) Wi-Fi is provided for guests' reasonable and lawful use. It is rural broadband and has limitations.
ii) All items provided are for use during your stay; no items are to be removed and taken away at the end of your stay.
iii) If there is a fault or a problem occurs, we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while we rectify.
iv) The hirer and their party undertake to take good care of the apartment along with its contents and facilities, this includes all communal areas and the grounds. The hirer should also respect the neighbours right to privacy and a peaceful existence.
v) The hirer undertakes to inform the owner or caretaker immediately of any articles that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. However, minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged but we do reserve the right to charge bad tenants for extra cleaning, breakage or damage and may refuse future bookings. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
vi) The hirer and their party will ensure that the apartment is vacated on time and is left in a clean and tidy state with any rubbish taken outside to the bin compound.
8) The owner and/or caretaker is allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay.
9) We reserve the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any booking conditions are not met.
10) We have a strictly no smoking and a no pets policy.
11) Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home.
12) The use of holiday accommodation and any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer and their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car and its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions and have appropriate holiday insurance in place.
13) We reserve the right to share details with other accommodation providers of those guests who do not respect the property or show a disregard to the terms and conditions set out above.